Final week nationwide cupboard agreed to carry the masks mandate for home flights, in addition to to scale back the isolation interval for many COVID-19 instances from 5 to seven days.
The brand new adjustments got here into impact this morning however masks mandates have not lifted fully.
Some jurisdictions nonetheless require masks on public transport, in hospitals and in care properties, whereas others have scaled face masking necessities proper again.
Click on on the hyperlinks beneath to see the masks guidelines in your state or territory:
Masks are obligatory within the following settings:
- On public transport, together with a public bus, mild rail automobile, taxi, rideshare automobile, rent automobile or demand response service automobile
- Employees and guests coming into a high-risk setting together with hospitals, residential aged care services, correctional centres and residential lodging services for individuals who require frequent, shut private care and who’re weak to extreme illness
- Employees who’re offering a service to an individual with a incapacity which is funded by the Nationwide Incapacity Insurance coverage Scheme or offered by the ACT authorities
- Employees who’re working for an in-home and group aged care supplier
Family contacts of COVID-19 instances aged 12 years and over should put on a masks in any indoor setting outdoors their house.
Masks are required:
- At a public hospital or personal well being facility (together with personal hospitals and day process centres)
- In residential care services or hostels
- On public transport and public transport ready areas (together with in taxis and rideshare providers)
- At a cruise terminal
Folks over the age of 12 who’re a family or shut contact of somebody who has examined constructive for COVID-19 should put on a face masks when in an indoor setting outdoors their house.
Face masks are obligatory within the following high-risk settings:
- Hospitals and well being care services
- Aged care services
- Incapacity residential services
- Correctional services
- Household violence, sobering up and homeless shelters
- Masks should even be worn when outdoors the house for 5 days after isolation
Folks 12 years and older should put on a masks within the following settings:
- In healthcare settings, residential aged care, incapacity lodging, prisons or detention centres
- On public transport, together with whereas ready on the platform or at a cease
- In a taxi, rideshare automobile or business shuttle, together with whereas ready at a taxi rank or pick-up space
And other people should put on a masks when outdoors of their house or lodging if:
- They’ve a temperature equal to or greater than 37.5 levels
- They’ve COVID-19 signs
- They’re awaiting a COVID-19 PCR check end result
- In the event that they’re identified with COVID-19, are a detailed contact, or are a global traveller (in accordance with different public well being instructions)
Individuals who check constructive should put on a masks after they go away house for seven days after their isolation interval ends — that goes for indoor settings in addition to outdoor after they cannot keep bodily distanced from others.
There are exemptions for individuals affected by a medical situation or incapacity.
It’s obligatory for all individuals to put on masks within the following settings:
- Well being care providers
- Incapacity care services
- Residential aged care services
- Passenger transport providers – buses, trains, trams, taxis, rideshare, and different rent or constitution automobile preparations
If you’re a detailed contact you have to put on a masks while you go away the home for seven days after publicity.
Masks mandates have largely been scaled again, however masks are nonetheless required for the next individuals:
- Shut contacts of COVID-19 instances, in any indoor area outdoors your house
- Confirmed COVID-19 instances, in circumstances the place they could come into contact with, or expose others to, COVID-19
Folks aged eight years and older should put on masks in the next settings:
- On public transport, in taxis/rideshare providers and in tourism autos
- Whereas visiting a hospital, care facility or another indoor area that’s publicly accessible in a healthcare setting, together with allied well being settings
- In a public indoor area in case you are a detailed contact of a COVID-19 case
- Working in an indoor area that may be a publicly accessible space of a courtroom or justice centre
- Working in a resident-facing function in an indoor area at a care facility, together with when not interacting with residents
- Working in an indoor area at a jail, police jail, remand centre, youth residential centre, youth justice centre or post-sentence facility
- After being examined for COVID-19 and awaiting outcomes
- In case you have COVID-19 or are a detailed or family contact and are permitted to depart quarantine (for instance, as a result of you’ve examined detrimental on a fast antigen check)
Masks will solely be required in high-risk settings akin to:
- Healthcare settings
- Services for corrective providers
- Residential aged care
- Incapacity providers